Thursday, September 9, 2010

Introduction

Deuk Hyun Kim. "What? Huh? How do you say that?"
"You seem like you got taller!"
"Are you Chinese? Oh, my bad, Japanese."

The most common things I hear when I am first introduced to people.
The most common phrases I can't bear to hear.

I am South Korean. I've never seen or been to North Korea ever in my life, just like most South Koreans.  I am tall for an Asian, I admit but I don't accept. I have a long, hard Korean name that I have to live with since my grandparents and parents assumed I was a boy. I actually named myself Amy, when I came to America in 1st grade. I am bilingual. I hate writing, but I write alot. I am happy, but I'm not gay. I love pets, but I hate fur. I am loud, but I am timid. I don't like nice people, because they scare me. I don't know how to act around them. I like interesting people. I am uptight, but I like to be free. Whitney wasn't my option, but I never regret. I am Christian, but I want to be a Christian. I remember to pray every night yet I forget to give grace. I was the first Asian girl to be the Student Council President in 8th grade. B's aren't accepted in my mother's dictionary. Only straight A's exist. I've never got into or heard of 'trouble' during my whole life I went to school, but I broke that rule on my first day of Sophomore year. A big one, too. I am scared and excited to start my 2nd year of highschool at Whitney Young. :D. Nice to meet you.

6 comments:

  1. Hello. :)
    You probably don't know me, but we met last year when I was by Blue House selling Pocky (or was it Affy Tapples?) and you asked me what ethnicity I was. And you couldn't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.. I don't remember D:
    Shout POCKY when you see me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a devoted Christian you are. Bowing at a 90 degree angle to the priest. He must be so proud of you. -Rose V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You aren't tall at all Amy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete